Course lists for this semester are linked below in two ways: (1) interactive "Semester Course Catalog" and (2) individual PDF course lists. Information on this page will be updated as needed to stay current. If you need help, feel free to contact an advisor.
SEMESTER COURSE CATALOG - SPRING 2023 This is an interactive catalog in which you can see all the current classes being offered or you can sort by a particular course list.
How to use: To search for all Political Science classes, go to Column B-Subject, use the drop-down menu to uncheck “Select All” and check “POLISCI”. To search for a particular course list, go to the appropriate column, use the drop-down menu to uncheck “Select All” and check “Yes”. You can access and interact with all the course lists below.
POLITICAL SCIENCE PDF COURSE LISTS:
- Political Science: Global Knowledge & Skills (GKS)
- Political Science: Integrative Experience (IE)
- Political Science: Global Knowledge & Skills Certificates
LETTER OF SPECIALIZATION PDF COURSE LISTS:
- Letter: Data Analytics for Politics, Policy, and Legal Studies (DAPPLS)
- Letter: Comparative and International Law
- Letter: Conflict Resolution
- Letter: Constitutional Law
- Letter: Law and Social Justice
COURSE CATALOG: COMPLETE This interactive catalog contains all the course offerings over many semesters. You can filter by subject, course list, and semester as well.
COURSE DESCRIPTIONS: COMPLETE LIST
OVERRIDES into POLITICAL SCIENCE COURSES
Political Science faculty and instructors can offer permission to override a student into their class.
How does the work get done? Faculty and instructors notify the department of their decision via the Course Override Permission form located in the Faculty Resources part of the department website.
- If an instructor offers you a seat in their class, that instructor must also inform the department of their decision using the Course Override Permission form.
- If you have been offered a seat in a class by the instructor, you have a seat in the class. Please do not worry if a class is filling. An instructor is able to override the course cap. (Exception: If the entire class is canceled, the change applies to all students, enrolled or overridden.)
Why do I need to wait to get into a class when I have been given permission by the instructor?
- You cannot be placed in a class until your enrollment is active. If the date and time of your enrollment appointment has not arrived, we also need to wait to override you.
- You cannot be placed in a class until the instructor completes the Course Override Permission form.
If these steps have been taken and you are still having trouble getting overridden into a class, please contact the Director of Advising for Political Science and Legal Studies, Adrian Grace.