Welcome to Political Science Advising!
The Political Science Advising Team partners with undergraduate students to develop a meaningful pathway through the major and to pursue enriching coursework and educational opportunities from admission to graduation. Students are expected to meet with an advisor each semester to ensure comprehensive guidance and support student success. We are located in Thompson Hall, Third Floor. We always look forward to meeting with you!
- Available Monday-Thursday for drop-in or scheduled appointments.
- Come for drop-in hours (no appointment necessary) on the third floor of Thompson Hall.
- Use Navigate to schedule an in-person appointment.
- Learn more about the Peer Advisors.
- Available Monday-Friday 9:00am- 5:00pm for scheduled appointments (in-person or virtual).
- Use Navigate to schedule an appointment. We use a team-based model so you may schedule with any of the academic advisors directly or choose first-available.
- Learn more about the Academic Advisors.
To Declare a Major or a Minor in Political Science, please read the Declare a Major/Minor information. We really look forward to meeting you.
Political Science Weekly Newsletter: Watch your inbox for the weekly newsletter! This newsletter is curated just for you as a Political Science major so you can learn about academic deadlines, departmental events, internship opportunities, career information, and more.
Prospective Students (not yet matriculated at UMass)
Please email the Director of Undergraduate Advising, Adrian Grace, if you're a prospective student with questions, an admitted first year student, or a transfer student. We're happy to talk about the program.