Because of Public Health and COVID-19, according to University policy and guidance, PoliSci & Legal Advising is going remote. You will be able to connect with advisors about registration and other issues.
We are working out a communications plan and will have more details for you soon—keep an eye on your UMass email!
We look forward to our conversations with our majors, and future majors.
As always, we are here for you. Everyone stay safe.
CURRENT UMASS STUDENTS
- To schedule an appointment: meet with an advisor.
The International Relations Certificate: for summer please email MJ Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org
For Spring & Fall please make an appointment with MJ Peterson.
BECOMING A MAJOR
You can declare a Political Science or Legal Studies major at any time. There are no required pre-requisites or cumulative GPA. Students can enroll in the major by meeting with an advisor at any point of the semester. To make an advising appointment please use this link: https://umass.campus.eab.com. You should select "Explore a Major" as the service.
Please call the Department of Political Science at 413-545-2438 to set up an appointment with an advisor.
- Departmental Honors Advisors: Political Science Scott Blinder, Legal Studies Leah Wing (Honors questions only – for all other advising matters, use the links above).
Accelerated Master’s Degree (4+1) in Political Science
- To schedule an appointment during Spring 2020, please click here.
- Pre-Law Advising: Diane Curtis.
- Commonwealth Honors College Advisors
- Internship Advisors: Political Science, Legal Studies Alan Gaitenby
- SBS Advising Resource Center (Global Ed requirement, credit overloads, extenuating circumstances)
- Career Advising
- IPO/Study Abroad
- Isenberg Program Information