Five students were recognized yesterday at the annual Junior Senior Legal Studies Luncheon. The students received awards for a combination of academic excellence and commitment to community service. Award winners include:
- Lilian C. Chukwurah, Legal Studies Honors Award
- Abasi-odu Etim, Legal Studies Excellence Award
- Camille Rivero, Paul and Lynn Hohenberger Scholarship
- Ines Ventura, Paul R. Shuldiner Memorial Scholarship
- Catherine Whelan, Shep Shepard Award
In addition, Legal Studies welcomed Sharon Tracy '79 back to campus as the Luncheon's guest speaker. Tracy, who is now Executive Director of Quabbin Mediation, reflected on her time at and after UMass and described how her Legal Studies degree -- especially the course Legal Research and Writing -- prepared her to co-found and manage a non-profit and excel in grant writing.
- Student News