ENROLLMENT APPOINTMENTS are assigned in SPIRE to students each semester. You do not meet with anyone for this appointment, rather it is the specific date/time you gain access to enroll in classes. The enrollment appointment is determined by a student’s potential credit total which includes what you are enrolled in currently. For more information, check the Registrar Appointment Schedule. To check your own enrollment appointment date/time, do the following:
- Log into SPIRE
- On your Student Center, select the Manage Classes tile.
- On the left side menu, click Enrollment to see your enrollment date/time.
COURSE OVERRIDE PERMISSION for Political Science Courses: Students who wish to enroll in a closed or restricted course must obtain permission from the instructor to be overridden into the class. Contact the instructor via email to kindly request an override. If the instructor offers you a seat in their class, please remember the following:
- The instructor must submit the Course Override Permission form which is located on the faculty department webpage. You cannot be placed in a class until the instructor completes this form.
- Once the form is complete, you have a seat in the class. Do not worry if the class is filling as the instructor is able to override the course cap. (Exception: If the entire class is canceled, the change applies to all students, enrolled or overridden.)
- You will be placed into the class once your enrollment appointment is active.
- If these steps have been taken and you are still having trouble getting overridden into a class, please contact the Director of Advising for Political Science and Legal Studies, Adrian Grace.