Conference Travel Grants
Students currently in or beyond the second year of their doctoral studies are eligible to apply for conference travel grants to subsidize their attendance as a paper presenter at a regional, national or international conference
Grants will be made according to the location of the conference, and awarded up to the maximum amount of the following funding levels:
- $500 for international conferences
- $300 for national conferences
- Students in or beyond their second year in their doctoral studies and in satisfactory progress are eligible to apply.
- Preference will be given to students who are farther along in the program.
- Strong preference will be given to applicants who have (1) an accepted paper, and (2) received no more than 2 prior conference travel grants.
Application deadlines: December 1 (fall) and March 15 (spring)
a) Application form specifying the details of the conference (name, date, venue), the details of your participation (title of paper, title of panel), and the anticipated budget for attendance (eligible categories are travel, registration fees, and hotel costs).
b) Letter/email from conference organizers confirming your participation as a paper presenter in the conference.
c) Letter/email from a departmental faculty advisor supporting your conference participation and approving the travel grant request. This letter can be uploaded directly in the application or can be sent to email@example.com.
d) List of any previous Conference Travel Grants you have received from the department or Graduate School.
e) A brief description of the research and its primary contributions to the field.
The Graduate Studies Committee will review all applications and announce awards by December 15 (fall round) and April 1 (spring round).
The funds will be released upon presentation of original receipts, i.e. after the conclusion of the conference.