This panel will provide insights into international legal frameworks and mechanisms around which to help attendees make their own sense of current international and foreign conflicts that are affecting the UMass community. Our goal is to identify ethical and legal common ground on the protection of civilians, just war theory, and mechanisms that allow for individual and state accountability for violations of international law.
- Charli Carpenter, Professor of Political Science, UMass Amherst
- Sohail Hashmi, Chair of International Relations & Professor of International Relations, Mount Holyoke College
- David Mednicoff, Chair of Judaic and Near Eastern Studies & Associate Professor of Middle Eastern Studies & Public Policy, UMass Amherst
- Jamie Rowen, Associate Professor of Legal Studies and Political Science, UMass Amherst
- Jane Fountain, Director of the School of Public Policy & Distinguished Professor of Public Policy, UMass Amherst
Webinar registration here.