Giving directly to the Department of Political Science and the Program in Legal Studies allows us to enhance the academic and extracurricular experience of undergraduates and graduate students alike.
We need your help creating experiential opportunities, educational programming, and space for exploration and development. Let’s support the political science and legal studies community today for a better tomorrow!
Gifts also support research experiences for undergraduate students; cutting-edge faculty research; undergraduate clubs and teams; guest speakers and lecturers; undergraduate scholarships for political science and legal studies students; conference and extra curricular student experiences; our UMass Women into Leadership program; UMass Poll; and domestic and international internships. They help to promote cross-departmental connections and activities in support of an active, intellectual community.
How to give
Gifts can be made on-line through the secure UMass Amherst Political Science Department and the Program in Legal Studies.
Not sure what to give?
- $4,500. Support a summer mentoring and research experience for a PhD student to help train the student and produce cutting-edge research that puts UMass on the map.
- $1,500. You could support a full-time, semester-long research experience for an undergraduate major. The student will receive a fellowship through the Undergraduate Research Engagement Program and work one-on-one with faculty.
- $750. Aid student career exploration by funding networking opportunities, information sessions, and other career and recruitment events.
$600. Defer the cost of a flight and contribute toward accommodation costs for a student
pursuing an unpaid internship in Washington DC or fund part of a distinguished lecture.
$500. Provide student stipends or defer training costs for our peer advising program and help improve our academic advising.
- $300. Help us host events related to important Political Science or Legal Studies current events -- like our biennial Election Night Viewing Reception.
- $200. Defer the cost of a student conference registration and help students interact with leading scholars, practioners, and public figures at academic conferences across the US.
- $150. Fund audio visual needs, venue rentals, or refreshment costs for academic lectures.
- $75. Defer transportation costs for members of our student clubs as they carpool to MA-based tournaments.
- Any amount. Help the department provide scholarships, internship stipends, research experiences, lectures, advising, and more with a donation of any amount. Your donation combines with donations from our more than 11,000 alumni and makes an important difference!