CURRENT UMASS STUDENTS
See a peer advisor:
For help with: Scheduling, registration, requirement review, Political Science minor, letters of specialization, early internship planning, early study abroad planning.
- Schedule an appointment: Choose “Peer Advising” when you make an appointment
- Or drop in the 3rd floor Thompson lobby.
PEER DROP-IN HOURS (subject to change)—first-come, first-served (1/22/19 – 5/1/19)
- Mondays 9-5
- Tuesdays 8:30-10 & 11:30-5
- Wednesdays 8:30-11 & 12-4:30
- Thursdays 8-10 & 11:30-1:30
- Fridays 9-12 & 2-4
See a staff member:
For help with: Declaring a major, form signatures, GPA concerns, graduation clearance, internship final planning, study abroad final planning, transfer course assessment, extenuating circumstances:
- Schedule an appointment: meet with an advisor.
The International Relations Certificate: please use this link to meet with MJ Peterson.
BECOMING A MAJOR
You can declare a Political Science or Legal Studies major at any time. There are no required pre-requisites or cumulative GPA. Students can enroll in the major by meeting with an advisor at any point of the semester or drop-in to talk to a peer advisor. To make an advising appointment please use this link: https://umass.campus.eab.com. You should select "Explore a Major" as the service.
Please call the Department of Political Science at 413-545-2438 to set up an appointment with an advisor.
- Departmental Honors Advisors: Political Science Paul Musgrave (Honors only), Legal Studies Leah Wing (Honors only)
- Pre-Law Advising: Diane Curtis.
- Commonwealth Honors College Advisors
- Internship Advisors: Political Science, Legal Studies Alan Gaitenby
- SBS Advising Resource Center (Global Ed requirement, credit overloads, extenuating circumstances)
- Career Advising
- IPO/Study Abroad
- Isenberg Program Information