Due to the campus closure and move to remote learning due to COVID 19, all advising appointments are now being completed remotely via Zoom video call or emails. New students for Fall 2020 will receive an email invitation to book your Orientation Advising appointment with us after you've signed up for New Students Orientation (NSO), and just before your week of NSO. Check your UMass email for our invite, and use the link within to book your appointment! If you haven't already, you can choose a date this summer for your NSO week here. We look forward to assisting you! Let us know when you book an appointment if you'd like to use Zoom or emails to complete your appointment. Note that Zoom video call is best suited for an Orientation Advising appointment, since we'll be helping you enroll in fall courses in real time during our meeting.
CURRENT POLITICAL SCIENCE AND LEGAL STUDIES STUDENTS
- To schedule an appointment with a Political Science and Legal Studies Advisor on academic requirements, your major, your Political Science minor, or other academic concerns or issues, please book an appointment using Navigate. Please select "Advising" as the service.
- For specialized advising on our International Relations Certificate, please contact Professor MJ Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org
EXPLORING OR DECLARING A POLITICAL SCIENCE OR LEGAL STUDIES MAJOR
You can declare a Political Science or Legal Studies major at any time. There are no required pre-requisites or cumulative GPA. Students can enroll in the major by meeting with an advisor at any point of the semester. To make an advising appointment, please select "Explore a Major" as the service in Navigate.
PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS NOT YET MATRICULATED AT UMASS AMHERST
Please call the Department of Political Science at 413-545-2438 to set up an appointment with an advisor.
ADDITIONAL CONTACTS AND LINKS:
- New Undergrad Advising Blog coming soon! The blog will contain items like event & workshop announcements, internship leads, and advising advice on helpful topics like how to access a report on your remaining requirements for graduation in Spire. Watch for link here!
- SPRING 2020 Pass/Fail FAQs
- Departmental Honors Advisors: Political Science Scott Blinder, Legal Studies Leah Wing (Honors questions only – for all other advising matters, use the links above).
Accelerated Master’s Degree (4+1) in Political Science
- To schedule an appointment during Spring 2020, please click here.
- Pre-Law Advising: Diane Curtis.
- Commonwealth Honors College Advisors
- Internship Advisors: Political Science, Legal Studies Alan Gaitenby
- SBS Advising Resource Center (Global Ed requirement, credit overloads, extenuating circumstances)
- Career Advising
- IPO/Study Abroad
- Isenberg Program Information