Wednesday, Oct 17, 2012
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Meet the Law: Student and Lawyer Alum Speed Networking Event
Cape Cod Lounge
Are you interested in law? This is your chance to network with regional attorneys and find out what law school, law practice, and various legal fields are really like.
A light dinner will be served at 6pm, and you will have the first half hour to network informally with all the attorneys.
The formal speed networking program will begin at 6:30pm and end at 8:00pm.
PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED. Please register here.
Confirmed participants include:
- Tim Dooling (Political Science ‘95, New England Law ‘02) Deputy Chief Legal Counsel, Massachusetts Parole Board
- Peter Farrell (Legal Studies and Political Science ‘98, Suffolk Law ‘03) Attorney, Smith and Brink
- Michael S. Gove (Political Science and History ‘01, Boston College Law‘04) Attorney, Cooley, Shrair PC
- Harry Haytayan (Economics '82 and Washington University School of Law '86)
- Jennifer Laverty (STPEC and Political Science '95, University of San Francisco) Advisor, MA Commission Against Discrimination
- Brian P. Neumann (English and Economics ‘97, Harvard Law ‘04) Legal Manager, Arrowstreet Capital
- Audrey “Eve” Schatz (Psychology ‘77, Western New England Law ‘07) Founder and Director, Free Legal Clinic of South Berkshire County
- Morris Singer
- Noelle Stern (Legal Studies and Natural Resources Conservation ‘97,Northeastern Law ‘01) Supervisory Staff Attorney, US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, New York City
- Richard Sugarman (Political Science and Psychology ‘92, George Washington University Law ‘00) Assistant General Counsel, Boston Medical Center
- Margaret E. White (History ‘85, CUNY Law ‘89) Attorney, Law Office of Margaret White
This event is organized by Commonwealth Honors College, Pre-Law Advising, the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, and the Department of Political Science.