A complete graduate application will include:
- Graduate School application
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcript(s)
- Personal Statement of Interest
- Writing sample (can be sent in pdf format to the Graduate Admissions Office at email@example.com)
- GRE Scores are required for the PhD and MA programs. (We do NOT require the subject test). GREs are NOT required for the Accelerated MA program.
Applicants to the Accelerated Master's program must have a minimum of 3.5 overall GPA from one of the Five Colleges. Hampshire College students are exempt from the GPA requirement since the College does not issue GPAs.
For other admissions questions and issues, please see the UMass Amherst Graduate School FAQ.