The Ethnography Collective @ UMASS Amherst invites you to join its first spring 2021 event, WTF?! Graduate Student Edition: "Stuck and Unstuck on Doing Fieldwork during Covid-19" on Feb 17 at 5-6:30 pm (EST).
We have a stellar group of graduate students thanks to collective efforts:
- Gözde Böcü is a Ph.D. Candidate in the Department of Political Science at the University of Toronto.
- Ellen Platts is a doctoral candidate in anthropology at the University of Maryland.
- Valentini Sampethai is a Ph.D. candidate in Social Anthropology at Panteion University in Athens, Greece.
- Ethan Tupelo is a Ph.D. candidate in Political Science at UMass Amherst.
- Colleen Wood is a Ph.D. candidate at Columbia University in the Department of Political Science.
Each panelist plans to speak for 10 minutes about how their research has been impacted by the pandemic (challenges they have faced or unexpected possibilities they have discovered). And then they will share either a piece of practical advice or a lingering question they have about ethnographic research during the pandemic. For the last half an hour, we'll open it up to a collective Q&A and discussion.
Here's our registration link.