We need your help creating experiential opportunities, educational programming, and space for exploration and development. Let’s support the political science and legal studies community today for a better tomorrow!
Gifts also support research experiences for undergraduate students; cutting-edge faculty research; undergraduate clubs and teams; guest speakers and lecturers; undergraduate scholarships for political science and legal studies students; conference and extra curricular student experiences; our UMass Women into Leadership program; UMass Poll; and domestic and international internships. They help to promote cross-departmental connections and activities in support of an active, intellectual community.
How to give
Not sure what to give?
- $4,500. Support a summer mentoring and research experience for a PhD student to help train the student and produce cutting-edge research that puts UMass on the map.
- $1,500. You could support a full-time, semester-long research experience for an undergraduate major. The student will receive a fellowship through the Undergraduate Research Engagement Program and work one-on-one with faculty.
- $750. Aid student career exploration by funding networking opportunities, information sessions, and other career and recruitment events.
$600. Defer the cost of a flight and contribute toward accommodation costs for a student
pursuing an unpaid internship in Washington DC or fund part of a distinguished lecture.
$500. Provide student stipends or defer training costs for our peer advising program and help improve our academic advising.
- $300. Help us host events related to important Political Science or Legal Studies current events -- like our biennial Election Night Viewing Reception.
- $200. Defer the cost of a student conference registration and help students interact with leading scholars, practioners, and public figures at academic conferences across the US.
- $150. Fund audio visual needs, venue rentals, or refreshment costs for academic lectures.
- $75. Defer transportation costs for members of our student clubs as they carpool to MA-based tournaments.
- Any amount. Help the department provide scholarships, internship stipends, research experiences, lectures, advising, and more with a donation of any amount. Your donation combines with donations from our more than 11,000 alumni and makes an important difference!